Onboarding Analyst | Careers
Position: Onboarding Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Financial Crime
Location: Brighton Office, or such other place as the Company may reasonably require on a temporary or permanent basis
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, with the flexibility to provide service and availability dependent upon the operational needs of the business.
Business Accountability: The Onboarding Analyst will be responsible for completing the KYC, AML and onboarding of a variety of low, medium and high-risk consumers and corporate entities at Optimus.
This role will meticulously review any cases sent to review where customer applications have been stopped for various alerts or flags, which must be investigated, escalated or cleared. As a member of a small team, you will be instrumental in updating onboarding procedures as well as helping to develop ongoing monitoring processes.
Note: In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below the job holder is required to perform such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
Responsibilities and principal tasks
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers and staff members and answer questions regarding the onboarding process
- Verify that all documentation received from the customer complies with regulatory and compliance standards as described in the Optimus onboarding procedures
- Working closely with partners and other team members in relation to the process of obtaining client KYC documentation to ensure adherence to all Compliance policies, procedures and regulatory obligations
- Liaising with customers as necessary during the Onboarding process to gather KYC documentation
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to update and improve onboarding processes
- Perform ad-hoc investigations of any event-driven reviews that require the customer to be re-reviewed through our AML platform
- Create and maintain an accurate and concise record of all investigations undertaken including the rationale behind the final decision made
- Conduct ad-hoc reviews of new partners and investors presenting your findings to your line manager/MLRO
- Where there are grounds for suspicion or a requirement for guidance in relation to an alert, escalate to your line manager/MLRO
Skills and experience
- Experience with undertaking client due diligence, including completing independent
searches and sanction checks.
- Prior experience interpreting policies and procedures associated with AML regulations.
- Experience with high-risk client entities – Trusts, Funds, SPVs, Limited Companies, Charities, Etc (Desirable but not essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of using open-source intelligence for investigation purposes
To apply for the role, please send your CV to [email protected]