Deputy MLRO | Careers
Position: Deputy MLRO
Reporting to: Chief Compliance Officer
Location: The role is hybrid with flexibility to work from home and our Brighton or London Offices, or such other place as the Company may reasonably require on a temporary or permanent basis.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, with the flexibility to provide service and availability dependent upon the operational needs of the business.
Note: In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below the job holder is required to perform such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Chief Compliance Officer & MLRO to guide, advise and inform the business on all relevant regulatory obligations and requirements.
With multiple products and services provided by Optimus Cards, the Deputy MLRO will be responsible for developing a robust Anti-Money Laundering and compliance programme, and continuously assessing Optimus Cards’ compliance with its regulatory obligations while supporting the business’ strategic and commercial plans.
Responsibilities and principal tasks
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer & MLRO in leading the business AML, Compliance and Regulatory projects.
- Liaise with Law Enforcement Agencies and regulators.
- Design, write and implement frameworks, policies, procedures, processes, and systems.
- Perform risk assessments and operate the business Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Design and review AML monitoring policies and procedures.
- Report and investigate possible instances of money laundering, suspicious activity, or fraud.
- Provide ongoing and ad-hoc support on compliance queries (both from internal and external stakeholders).
- Review Marketing materials to ensure compliance with regulatory and scheme requirements.
- Keep up to date with all relevant regulatory changes, carrying out gap and business impact analysis.
- Support the business to understand and address compliance risk.
- Assist with the identification, evaluation, monitoring and mitigation of operational risks; and proactively suggest improvements.
- Help Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and develop/implement pragmatic corrective action plans.
- Devise and deliver relevant training to the business and its partners.
- Producing compliance reports and KPIs.
Knowledge and experience
- Strong knowledge of AML requirements including Economic Sanction laws and regulations. • Extensive experience in the practical application of compliance regulations, including AML, PSD, and GDPR .
- Similar experience in AML role or as a Deputy MLRO in a consumer-facing EMI, API or banking regulated entity, preferably regulated by the FCA.
- Experience working closely with senior business leaders, and approaching Compliance with a strategic and commercial mindset.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of card scheme rules is advantageous.
Qualifications and education
- A recognised AML and Financial Crime related industry qualification is essential.
- A degree level qualification would be advantageous.
- Strong customer focus – ensuring the best possible outcome for the customer and the business. • Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Personable, great communicator who has a passion for their work and the people they work with. • Extensive experience in the practical application of compliance regulations.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to [email protected]