Compliance Assurance Manager | Careers
Position: Compliance Assurance Manager
Reporting to: Chief Compliance Officer
Location: The role is hybrid with flexibility to work from home and our Brighton or London Offices, or such other place as the Company may reasonably require on a temporary or permanent basis.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, with the flexibility to provide service and availability dependent upon the operational needs of the business.
Note: In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below the job holder is required to perform such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer & MLRO, the successful candidate will provide robust independent assurance, and challenge on the effectiveness of processes and controls across the business, its agents and support functions.
With multiple products and services provided by Optimus Cards, the Compliance Assurance Manager will be responsible for developing a robust Compliance testing and assurance programme, including the business enterprise risk assessment, control testing and assurance methodology.
Responsibilities and principal tasks
- Devising and developing quality assurance, enterprise risk assessment, audit and agent oversight programmes.
- Leading assurance activities to assess the management and control of regulatory compliance and conduct risk within the business, its agents, and support functions, ensuring that all work undertaken meets agreed timescales and complies with quality requirements.
- Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders as part of your assurance testing and audit work and collaborating with other teams as required.
- Documenting and communicating issues, root causes and risks, and prepare reports of audit findings.
- Taking ownership for activities relating to the management of the quality assurance, audit and agent oversight programmes, including recommendation follow-up, ongoing monitoring and annual risk assessment.
- Keeping up to date with the regulatory environment in which we operate and helping to assess or implement the changes in our risk management framework.
- Developing recommendations for items that solution owners should consider when finalising their action plans.
- Preparing product and project risk assessment.
- Embedding a strong risk management and control culture across the business.
- Acts as a change agent with the aim to enhance the control culture within the organization.
Knowledge and Experience
- Technical compliance knowledge and the application of regulatory rules and guidelines within the financial and payment industry.
- Experience in a quality assurance, risk, or an audit role, interpreting regulatory rules and regulations.
- Risk-focused with strong analytical skills and a quantitative approach to problem-solving.
- Quickly understanding complex processes, identifying risks and inadequacies in procedures, and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- The ability to research rules and regulations and provide practical advice and recommendation. • Ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence business stakeholders. • The ability to produce high quality work to meet challenging deadlines.
Qualifications and education
- A recognised Compliance related industry qualification is essential.
- A degree level qualification would be advantageous.
- Strong customer focus – ensuring the best possible outcome for the customer and the business.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Personable, great communicator who has a passion for their work and the people they work with.
- Extensive experience in the practical application of compliance regulations.
- Reliable when working on your own, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to [email protected]